• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2022年1月
|Single User||￥627,000 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Site Licence||￥858,000 (USD6,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥1,155,000 (USD8,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
・競争状況（Denso Corporation、HBPO GMBH、HYUNDAI MOBIS CO. LTD、...）
The automotive front-end module market is anticipated to register a CAGR of over 5.7% during the forecast period (2020 – 2025).
- The front-end modules were mostly designed and fabricated with heavy steel materials. However, in recent years, lightweight composite materials, like polypropylene, glass mat thermoplastic, long fiber thermoplastic (LFT), direct LFT aluminum, etc. are used in manufacturing front-end modules.
- Skyworks Solutions of Woburn, in the United States, has designed front-end modules that provide wireless technology for the Internet of Things (IoT) applications and GPS-enabled tracking products. Tracking is becoming an increasingly important opportunity, as the Internet of Things explosion proliferates and encompasses a wide range of new and previously unimagined applications, ranging from smart meters and connected vehicles to security systems. The combination of IoT with front-end module products is expected to propel the market for front-end modules at a significant pace over the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand for Lightweight Automotive Front-End Modules
A front-end module (FEM) is a main structural component of automobiles, offering support and safety in the event of an accident, in addition to functional features, such as air cooling, heating, lighting, exterior styling, and aesthetics.
- Traditionally, front-end modules consisted of hefty steel carriers. But with the growing focus on reducing the weight of the vehicles in the past few years has led to increasing usage of lightweight composites, instead of steel and iron, for the structural carriers of FEMs.
The demand for lightweight materials from automakers has significantly increased over the decade, owing to the enactment of stringent emission standards. As lightweight auto parts reduce the overall weight of the vehicles, it can, in turn, reduce CO2 emissions and cost. Experimenting with front-end module materials in auto parts has predominately contributed to achieving 20%-30% of vehicle weight reduction.
Composites have experienced widespread use in the automotive industry, owing to their ever-higher strength-to-weight ratios, corrosion resistivity, and workability features. They are replacing metal in various automotive applications, due to their light-weight but durable nature, which contribute to lesser fuel consumption. With the growing automotive industry and the increasing need for materials that may help to save fuel consumption, the market for composite front-end modules is poised to continue to increase during the forecast period.
Currently, several vehicles are launched in the market with front-end modules made of composite materials. The recently launched Hyundai and two small segment cars from Mercedes use a lightweight front end construction that allows for the integration of additional functionality in components, which in turn saves assembly time, reduces costs, and lowers mass. Carriers for all three vehicles make use of injection-molded pelletized LFT-PP.
Growing Demand of Front-End Module in Developing Region
The automotive front-end module market is fragmented. Geographically, the market is led by North America, Asia-Pacific, and Western Europe. However, Eastern Europe, South America, and the Middle East & Africa are the emerging markets. The demand from Western Europe is majorly driven by the growing investment in R&D projects and stringent government regulations for environmental safety. In Asia-Pacific, China is the largest market, as the country is increasingly investing in the automotive sector and key players are entering into joint ventures.
The front-end module manufacturers are expanding their business across the world through investments and opening new production plants. For instance,
- Plastic Omnium has further strengthened its automotive FEM market presence in the country after the acquisition of Faurecia’s Exterior System business in July 2016
- Also, in June 2017, Valeo North America officials announced the investment of USD 25 million to expand its operation in Smyrna, Tennessee, the United States. The Smyrna plant will add 130,000 square feet to the current space. The plant manufactures front-end modules, active grill shutters, and HVAC products.
The automotive front-end module market is dominated by major players, such as Denso Corporation, Faurecia SA, HBPO Group, Magna International, Plastic Omnium Group, among others. Various players around the world are investing in new R&D projects, making joint ventures, and partnerships for being ahead in the competition. For instance, in March 2018, Mahle Group sold its shares in the Hella Behr Plastic Omnium (HBPO) joint venture to Plastic Omnium. HBPO specializes in the assembly, logistics, development and design of front-end modules, consisting of bumpers, lighting systems, and cooling components.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Vehicle Type
5.1.1 Passenger Cars
5.1.2 Light Commercial Vehicle
5.1.3 Heavy Commercial Vehicle
5.2 Raw Material Type
5.3.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 Rest of North America
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share**
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.1 Denso Corporation
6.2.2 HBPO GMBH
6.2.3 HYUNDAI MOBIS CO. LTD
6.2.4 Magna International Inc.
6.2.5 Hanon Systems
6.2.6 Compagnie Plastic Omnium SA
6.2.7 SL Corp
6.2.8 Valeo SA
6.2.9 Marelli Corporation*
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
• 英文レポート名：Automotive Front-End Module Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 - 2027)
• レポートコード：MRC2203A912 ▷ お問い合わせ（見積依頼・ご注文・質問）