• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年5月30日
|Single User||￥561,000 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥627,000 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥990,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The carbon black market was valued at USD 15,495.32 million in 2020, and the market is projected to register a CAGR of around 5.15% during the forecast period (2021-2026). The tires and industrial rubber products application segment dominated the market, and it is expected to grow during the forecast period. Carbon black is one of the reinforces that is frequently used in the tire industry, owing to its effect on the mechanical and dynamic properties of tires.
With the COVID-19 outbreak in the first half of 2020, the tire and rubber industry has been significantly affected. Various tire and rubber manufacturers have shut down manufacturing plants to cope with the losses that occurred. For instance, Bridgestone announced in April 2020 to suspend 11 of its Japanese plants due to the dwindling demand during the coronavirus pandemic.
– In the short term, the major factors driving the market studied are growing applications in the fiber and textile industries.
– Growth in the adoption of electric cars and self-driving cars is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
– Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the world, with the largest consumption from the countries, such as China and India.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Application of Tires and Industrial Rubber Products
– The tires and industrial rubber products application is the largest application segment of the carbon black market, with around 75% of the market share.
– Carbon black is used in the tires of automotive vehicles. It is used as a filler as well as a strengthening reinforcing agent.
– Carbon black is one of the reinforces that is frequently used in the tire industry, owing to its effect on the mechanical and dynamic properties of tires. It is used in various formulations with different rubber types to customize the performance properties of tires.
– According to IRSG (International Rubber Study Group), the global tire production volume reached 16.8 million metric ton in 2019. Moreover, the total global tire industry volume is expected to reach 2.75 billion units by 2024 from 2.36 billion units in 2019.
– Considering the impact of COVID-19, the global tires industry is expected to witness little recovery in 2021, with significant recovery starting in 2022.
– Other than tires, it is also required for various molded and extruded industrial rubber products, such as conveyor belts, gaskets, air springs, grommets, vibration isolation devices, and hoses. It provides flex strength in such products.
– Owing to all the above-mentioned factors, the market for carbon black is projected to grow post-2020 during the forecast period.
China to Dominate the Market in the Asia-Pacific Region
– China contributes more than 40% of the global carbon black production. China is also the global largest exporter of carbon black. The primary carbon black feedstock is coal tar, and other carbon black feedstocks include slurry oil and ethylene tar.
– Carbon black prices in China have surged in the recent past due to a supply shortage amid massive plant shutdowns caused by the Chinese government’s intensifying environmental protection campaign.
– The top local manufacturers of carbon black include Jiangxi Black Cat, Longxing Chemicals, Shanxi Yongdong Chemicals, Shanxi Anlun Chemicals, Liaobin Carbon Black, Shanxi Sanqiang New Energy Technology Co. Ltd, Suzhou Baohua Carbon Black, Shandong Jinneng Technology, Shandong NST Carbon Black, Yunan Yunwei Feihu Chemicals, Qujin Zongyi Chemicals, and Shandong Best Chemicals.
– Tire production in the country has a deep impact on the carbon black market, as it is the largest demand puller.
– The country is projected to produce 704 million tires per year by 2025, including 527 million passenger radial tires, 148 million truck/bus radial tires, 29 million bias truck tires, 20,000 extra-large industrial tires, 12 million agricultural tires, and 54,000 aircraft tires. In addition, China will produce 120.7 million motorcycle tires and 420 million bicycle tires annually by 2025.
– Apart from the drop in domestic consumption, the US and EU anti-dumping tariffs also are casting heavy shadows, as more than 40% of China’s tires are exported to the two markets.
– The plastics industry in China is the world’s largest, accounting for nearly 30% of global production.
– The COVID-19 has presented a problematic situation for carbon black in the country. However, the condition is better now, which concreted the probability of market recovery over the forecast period.
The carbon black market is a consolidated market, where the top seven players contribute to about 57% of the market share. The major companies for the carbon black market include Cabot Corporation, Birla Carbon, Orion Engineered Carbons SA, Jiangxi Black Cat Carbon Black Co. Ltd, Tokai Carbon Co. Ltd, and China Synthetic Rubber Corporation.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Application in the Fiber and Textile Industries
4.1.2 Increasing Market Penetration of Specialty Black
4.2.1 Declining Automotive Industry
4.2.2 Availability of Substitutes
4.2.3 Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Trade Analysis
4.6 Technology Landscape
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Process Type
5.1.1 Furnace Black
5.1.2 Gas Black
5.1.3 Lamp Black
5.1.4 Thermal Black
5.2.1 Tires and Industrial Rubber Products
126.96.36.199 Films and Sheets
188.8.131.52 Pressure Pipes
184.108.40.206 Molded Parts
5.2.3 Toners and Printing Inks
5.2.4 Paints and Coatings
5.2.5 Textile Fibers
5.2.6 Other Applications
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 United Arab Emirates
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Asahi Carbon Co. Ltd
6.4.2 Birla Carbon (Aditya Birla Group)
6.4.3 Cabot Corporation
6.4.4 Tokai Carbon Co. Ltd
6.4.5 International CSRC Investment Holdings Co. Ltd
6.4.6 Abu Dhabi National Oil Company
6.4.7 Himadri Speciality Chemical Ltd
6.4.8 Imerys Graphite & Carbon
6.4.9 Jiangxi Black Cat Carbon Black Co. Ltd
6.4.11 Longxing Chemical Stock Co. Ltd
6.4.12 Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
6.4.14 OCI Company Ltd
6.4.15 Omsk Carbon Group
6.4.16 Orion Engineered Carbons GmbH
6.4.17 Phillips Carbon Black Limited
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Growth in the Adoption of Electric Cars and Self-driving Cars
• 英文レポート名：Carbon Black Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)
• レポートコード：MRC2106A387 ▷ お問い合わせ（見積依頼・ご注文・質問）