• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年5月25日
|Single User||￥548,250 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥612,750 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥967,500 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The Global Alpha Olefins Market is projected to register a CAGR of more than 5% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
The market was negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic due to nationwide lockdowns, strict social distancing measures, and worldwide traveling restrictions that disrupted the automobile, oil and gas industry. The oil demand in China suffers the most in the first quarter, with a year-on-year fall of 1.8 million barrels per day (mb/d). In the second quarter, an improving situation in China offsets deteriorating demand elsewhere. However, a progressive recovery takes place through the second half of 2020. For 2020 as a whole, the magnitude of the drop in the first half leads to a decline in global oil demand of around 90,000 barrels a day compared with 2019 which affected the growth of the alpha olefins market.
– Over the medium term, the major factor driving the market is growing demand from the paper and pulp industries.
– On the flip side, stringent environmental regulations due to the non-biodegradable nature of polyethylene is hindering the growth of the alpha olefins market.
– Asia-Pacific region represents the largest market and is also expected to be the fastest-growing market over the forecast period owing to the increasing consumption from countries, such as China, India, and Japan.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Usage in Surfactants Application
– Surfactants are present in a wide range of cleaning products, and one of the usual groups is anionic surfactants, which are particularly valued for their foaming ability. There is a multitude of anionic surfactants for use in detergents, although the most commonly used today are the salts of dodecylbenzene sulfonic acid and ethoxylated sodium lauryl sulfate.
– Conversely, new trends have led to a rethinking of the suitability of these surfactants, due to factors such as hazardous or difficult handling, biodegradability, compatibility with skin and fabrics, efficiency in low-temperature washing, or transport costs linked with diluted products. For this reason, ingredients developed in the last century such as Alpha-Olefin Sulfonate (INCI: Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate), are once again of interest in the detergency and cosmetic sectors.
– Alpha Olefin Sulfonate is an anionic surfactant that has been used efficaciously for many years in laundry and personal care products but was gradually substituted by other low-cost products.
– The chief benefits of Alpha Olefin Sulfonate in cleaning products are its great capacity to form stable foams, even in diluted products, in hard water and at low temperatures, good cleaning properties, useful in both detergents and cosmetics, fast biodegradability, good compatibility with the skin, and its high-water solubility. It is therefore making it suitable for liquid or powder detergents and personal hygiene products, and especially for hand dishwashers, laundry detergents, automotive cleaners or bath gels.
– The most common Alpha Olefin Sulfonate(AOS) used in personal care is sodium C14-16 olefin sulfonate, which functions as a detergent, wetting agent and also as an emulsifier. When properly formulated, sodium C14-16 olefin sulfonate imparts viscosity, a consumer-acceptable foaming profile and quick flash foam to produce a stable lather, among other benefits.
– AOS usage in consumer products in the United states is mainly in liquid hand soaps with minor use in shampoos. AOS use outside the United States has principal consumer applications in household cleaning and personal care products. Moreover, AOS is used extensively in Japan and South Korea in both laundry and liquid dishwashing detergents.
– Owing to all the abovementioned factors, the market is expected to grow during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
– The Asia-Pacific region is expected to be the dominant market in alpha olefins consumption. In countries like China, Japan, South Korea, India, and the Southeast Asian nations, the demand for alpha olefins is increasing. China is also the largest producer of lubricants, oil field chemicals, plasticizers, etc. catering to the market worldwide.
– China has one of the largest pulp and paper industries in the world. China is one of the top three producers of paper in the world. However, owing to environmental concerns, the country announced to ban all wastepaper imports in 2020, and it is estimated to have eliminated more than 45 million metric tons of backward paper capacity during the last seven years. The new investment in the pulp and paper industry in the country is also slowing due to strict regulatory controls and low availability of raw materials. This is expected to negatively impact the demand growth of the market studied in the country, during the forecast period.
– China, the per capita consumption of toilet/bathing soap in China is four kilograms, which is one of the largest across the world. In addition, the consumption of soap and detergent witnessed sharp increase in the country, owing to the hygiene awareness due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This consumption is expected to propel the demand for alpha olefins in the coming years.
– Procter & Gamble (China) Ltd, Nice Group, Guangzhou Liby Enterprise Group Co. Ltd, Unilever (China) Ltd, and Nafine Chemical Industry Group Co. Ltd are the major producers of soaps and detergents in the country.
– Alpha olefins are mostly consumed to manufacture polyethylene, such as linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE) and high-density polyethylene (HDPE), which are used in various applications ranging from packaging to pipes.
– The packaging industry in China is expected to witness tremendous growth, and it may record a CAGR of nearly 6.8% to reach CNY 2 trillion by 2025. This positive momentum in the packaging industry is expected to ignite the market demand.
– According to the Packaging Industry Association of India (PIAI), The India Packaging Market was valued at USD 50.5 billion in 2019, and it is expected to reach USD 204.81 billion by 2025, registering a CAGR of 26.7% during the period of 2020-2025 which in turn will increase the demand for polyethylene thus increasing the demand for alpha olefins in the market.
– All the abovementioned factors, in turn, are expected to have a significant impact on the market in the coming years.
The alpha-olefin market is partially consolidated with the presence of both international and domestic players in the market. The major companies include Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC, INEOS, SABIC, Sasol, and Royal Dutch Shell PLC, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Demand from Paper & Pulp Industries
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Non-biodegradable Nature of Polyethylene
4.2.2 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
4.2.3 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Technological Snapshot
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.4 Other Types
5.2.2 Oil Field Chemicals
5.2.4 Polyolefin Comonomers
5.2.6 Other Applications
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Merger & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC
6.4.2 Exxon Mobil Corporation
6.4.3 Evonik Industries AG
6.4.4 Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd
6.4.8 Qatar Chemical Company Ltd
6.4.9 Royal Dutch Shell PLC
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Growing R&D Investments for the Development of Alpha Olefins from Various Sources
7.2 Other Opportunities
• 英文レポート名：Alpha Olefins Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)
• レポートコード：MRC2106A339 ▷ お問い合わせ（見積依頼・ご注文・質問）