• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年5月25日
|Single User||￥463,250 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥517,750 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥817,500 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The market for methylene diphenyl di-isocyanate (MDI) is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied are the unique features and functional versatility of the product and the increasing utilization of polyurethane foams for insulation. However, the market faces a few challenges, such as skin and respiratory tract irritation, asthma, and dermatitis, due to the excessive exposure of MDI.
– By application, rigid foam segment accounted for the largest market share and is expected to grow during the forecast period. Factors, such as good thermal insulation properties of these foams, its application in the manufacturing of freezers and refrigerators, and its usage in building and automotive applications, are boosting the growth of the market studied.
– ThePhosgene-free MDI production process is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
– Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the world with the largest consumption from countries, such as China, Japan, and South Korea.
Key Market Trends
Construction Segment to Dominate the Market
– Buildings and construction is the largest end-user industry for the MDI market, where it is used in various household, commercial, and industrial applications.
– One of the largest applications is the usage of rigid PU foam as wall and roof insulation, insulated panels, and gap fillers for the space around doors and windows. Polyiso laminate board stock is primarily used in roofing and wall insulation and accounts for the majority share of total rigid PU foam in construction applications. Some rigid PU foams can be applied to seal gaps and cover irregular shapes. Such foams include spray, pour-in-place, and one-component foams.
– rigid PU foam has several significant environmental benefits, including increased energy efficiency and reduced project weight. Given the widespread use of rigid PU foam in construction, these savings are multiplying at an increasing rate, worldwide.
– The upcoming infrastructural projects (especially in the emerging economies), such as roadways, bridges, storage tanks, warehouses, and other buildings, are expected to offer a new avenue for growth in the global market.
– The promotion of zero energy buildings continues to be the major driver for the PU market, thereby driving the MDI market in the construction industry. Numerous buildings are poorly insulated in Asia, especially in the developing markets of Southeast Asia, China, and India, thereby depicting the immense growth potential for thermal insulation materials in buildings.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
– Asia-Pacific region dominated the global market share. With the increasing demand from the industries, such as construction, furniture, electronic appliances, and automotive in countries, such as China, India, and Japan, the usage of MDI is increasing in the region. In Asia-Pacific, China provides the major market for the MDI of the regional market.
– MDI is primarily used for polyurethane in China and the country is the world’s largest producer and consumer of polyurethane products. China’s demand for polyurethane products account for more than 45% of global demand and is expected to maintain a growth rate of around 10% over the next couple of years.
– The Chinese central government expects that the country’s automobile output will reach 30 million units by 2020, and 35 million by 2025. As polyurethanes are widely used in car manufacturing and offer benefits in terms of comfort, protection, and energy conservation, it is speculated that this huge growth will have a positive impact on the MDI market in China.
– In 2018, Shengxiang Polyurethane Polymer Material built a 15-kilo metric ton/year polyurethane flexible foam plant in Meishan, Sichuan province. This new production capacity, along with the growing demand for polyurethane, will maintain China’s position as the leader in the MDI market. With these developments, the Chinese methylene diphenyl di-isocyanate (MDI) market is expected to experience robust growth over the forecast period.
– Overall, with the consistent growth in countries, like China, India, and Japan, the demand for methylene diphenyl di-isocyanate (MDI) is expected to increase at a faster pace in the overall region, in the coming years. The huge growth of Asia-Pacific is quite instrumental in the expansion of the global methylene diphenyl di-isocyanate (MDI) market.
The global MDI market is consolidated, and the top five players account for a share of over 88% of the market. The major companies include Wanhua Chemical Group Co. Ltd, BASF SE, Covestro, Huntsman International LLC, and Dow
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Utilization of Polyurethane Foam for Insulations
4.1.2 Unique Features and Functional Versatility of the Product
4.1.3 Others Drivers
4.2.1 Excessive Exposure to MDI causes Skin & Respiratory Tract Irritation, Asthma, and Dermatitis
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Feedstock Analysis
4.5.1 Global Capacity by Key Feedstock
4.6 Technological Snapshot
4.6.1 Production Process
4.6.2 Technology Licensing and Patent Analysis
4.7 Price Index
4.8 Supply Scenario
4.8.1 Capacity and Production Analysis
22.214.171.124 Top Ten Plants and Locations (Installed Capacities)
4.9 Upcoming Projects
4.10 Regulatory Policy Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Application
5.1.1 Rigid Foam
5.1.2 Flexible Foam
5.1.5 Adhesive and Sealant
5.1.6 Other Applications
5.2 By End-user Industry
5.2.2 Furniture and Interior
5.2.3 Electronics and Appliances
5.2.6 Other End-user Industries
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 BASF SE
6.4.4 Everchem Specialty Chemicals
6.4.5 Huntsman International LLC
6.4.6 Jilin Connell Chemical Industry Co. Ltd
6.4.8 Kumho Mitsui Chemicals
6.4.10 Sadara Chemical Company
6.4.12 Wanhua Chemical Group Co. Ltd
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Phosgene-free MDI Production Process
7.2 Other Opportunities
• 英文レポート名：Methylene Diphenyl di-isocyanate (MDI) Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)
• レポートコード：MRC2106A207 ▷ お問い合わせ（見積依頼・ご注文・質問）