• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年1月
|Single User||￥484,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥541,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥855,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The WiGig market was valued at USD 2,126 million in 2020, and it is expected to reach USD 6,246.3 million by 2026, recording a CAGR of 19.7% over the forecast period (2021 – 2026). Tri-band router is driving the trend of running on three subnetworks, one each at 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, and 60 GHz.
– Currently, one of the issues with the popular wireless standards is that they either have very limited bandwidth (e.g., Bluetooth), or they are subject to inconsistent performance due to interference and congestion (e.g., Wi-Fi). However, newer standards are emerging, such as 802.22ad or WiGig, which aim to solve both the problems for short-range communication between devices.
– In order to complement the enhancements to Wi-Fi Certified ac, Wi-Fi Alliance introduced Wi-Fi Certified WiGigig to accelerate the commercial availability of WiGig devices. WiGig operates in the less-crowded 60 GHz frequency band, which enables extremely high-performance, multi-gigabit connectivity, and low latency for a range of applications, such as wireless docking, augmented reality/virtual reality (AR/VR), multimedia streaming, gaming, and networking.
– Many countries have assigned a 7 GHz or more spectrum in the 60 GHz band, which is either unlicensed (like the present Wi-Fi at 2.4 GHz) or lightly licensed. For example, in the United Kingdom and the United States, the 57-64 GHz band is exempt from licenses. The 64-66 GHz band is lightly licensed in the United Kingdom, which means that the users should notify the regulator where and when they use the frequency, although there is no fee for using it.
– Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 in various countries in Asia-Pacific, a majority of these vendors’ functions have been disrupted. This halted the manufacturing operations of these companies and affected the global supply network, which negatively impacted the market. The market is not expected to witness growth until the countries recover from the outbreak of COVID-19.
Key Market Trends
Rising Adoption of High-resolution Videos to Significantly Drive the Market
With the 5G technology expected to be the most significant next-generation cellular network technology in 2020, especially in the urban areas, the adoption of OTT (over-the-top) content is expected to increase.
Furthermore, with the latest OTT trends, streaming 4K video takes up to around 30 Mbps on internet bandwidth. In order to stream high-resolution videos, one must have at least double the currently available bandwidth, which is unusual for the consumer-grade internet connections. However, with the launch of 5G, the extra bandwidth is expected to make 4K and VR (virtual reality) streaming the defining features during the forecast period. The increased demand for high-resolution videos is expected to lead to the adoption of superior wireless networking standards, such as WiGig.
In the past, the technology companies, such as Wilocity and DisplayLink, demonstrated WiGig-enabled 4K graphics and videos at Intel’s developers’ forum. Furthermore, wireless video streaming in the millimeter-wave range received a lot of attention in both the academic and industrial communities.
The 60 GHz frequency range offers numerous advantages. Moreover, the 7 GHz bandwidth (58-65 GHz) has been made available, which enables multi-Gbit/s high-definition (HD) video streaming in an uncompressed, or less compressed, manner.
Asia-Pacific to Register the Highest Market Growth
In recent years, there was increased emphasis on the high-speed internet and 5G network. China, Japan, Taiwan, India, and Australia, among other countries, are the major driving countries in the region for the same.
China has an established ecosystem for 5G, and it is expected to grow further during the forecast period. However, the 5G technology is likely to serve as a hotspot technology, along with the current mobile broadband, and register a gradual growth in the country.
Seeking growth opportunities, companies in the region are also looking forward to entering the market with their WiGig products. For instance, in January 2020, Fujikura, a Japan-based electrical equipment manufacturer, announced its plans to start shipping its sample for a 60 GHz millimeter-wave wireless communication module for application in gaming VR/AR, achieving a wireless communication at 2 Gbps. Additionally, in October 2019, Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd announced its plan to develop an RF module for the Telegraph Project by Facebook.
Taiwan remains the leading country in the semiconductor foundry business. To some extent, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. remains the world’s largest foundry, and it recorded a revenue of up to USD 35 billion in 2018. Additionally, Taiwan is home to the world’s third-largest foundry, United Microelectronics Corp., and the sixth-largest company in the foundry, by sales, Powerchip Technology Corp. TSMC, UMC, and Powerchip together make Taiwan the largest market for this industry, closely followed by another emerging Asian giant in this space, China.
The WiGig market is fragmented in nature, as the global players are competing to innovate the technology to remove the market challenges, which can hamper the current growth. The key players are Intel Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, and Qualcomm Technologies Inc., among others.
– February 2020 – Sivers IMA announced the launch of new 5G mmWave Dual Quad Beamformer ICs, in collaboration with Ampleon. They include two quad antenna connections with either Rx or Tx channels and integrated RF switches. This solution supports both vertical and horizontal polarization MIMO.
– January 2020 – Fujikura Ltd started shipping the samples of its 60 GHz mmWave wireless communication module, which utilizes a high gain phased array to deliver high-speed wireless communication in a 60 GHz frequency band, unlike 4G that uses a sub-6 GHz frequency band. This module can be used in various applications, including video transmission and VR/AR, due to its high-speed.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growing Technological Advancements in the Communications Industry
5.1.2 Rising Adoption of High-resolution Videos
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Shorter Operating Range of WiGig Products
5.3 Assessment of Impact of Covid-19 on the Industry
6 TECHNOLOGY SNAPSHOT
7 MARKET SEGMENTATION
7.1.1 Display Devices
7.1.2 Network Infrastructure Devices
7.2.1 Gaming and Multimedia
7.2.3 Other Applications
7.3.1 North America
184.108.40.206 South Korea
7.3.4 Rest of the World
8 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
8.1 Company Profiles
8.1.1 Panasonic Corporation
8.1.2 Qualcomm Technologies Inc.
8.1.3 Intel Corporation
8.1.4 Broadcom Inc.
8.1.5 Peraso Technologies Inc.
8.1.6 Blu Wireless Technology Limited
8.1.7 Tensorcom Inc.
8.1.8 Fujikura Ltd
8.1.9 Sivers Ima Holding AB
8.1.10 Cisco Systems Inc.
8.1.11 Dell Technologies Inc.
8.1.12 Lenovo Group Limited
8.1.13 HP Development Company LP
9 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
10 FUTURE OF THE MARKET
• 英文レポート名：WiGig Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)
• レポートコード：MRC2103B286 ▷ お問い合わせ（見積依頼・ご注文・質問）